Monday, April 16, 2012

Inspiration

I have been sewing a lot lately. I showed you guys the skirt I made out of a bedsheet, and I made a dress for Easter that fell apart the second I stepped out of the door (note: DON'T baste zippers and expect them to stay together), and I just finished a maxi dress that I am in LOVE with.

I've been looking at dress patterns, and Pinterest, and other blogs for inspiration, and gave up because I couldn't find what I was looking for. Because I am a visual person, I made a trip to the fabric store and found some gorgeous fabric that gave me some ideas.


This is a maxi dress that uses a tank top and shirring to create a fitted silhouette. I had a LOT of trouble with the shirring, and this blog post helped sooo much. It took me .3 seconds to fix the problem, after two hours of troubleshooting. It was definitely a "duh" moment once I figured it out. I added pockets because I am always in need of a pocket when I don't have one.

I have about 1/2 yard of fabric left. I'm thinking about making a nice clutch or cinch bag with it, because this fabric is too cute to go to waste!

No comments: